Dear Mom and DAd,
We made it back from Idaho safely. That is the first time I have traveled by myself with all of the kids. I can't say that I enjoyed the traveling, although the kids were great. I just kept thinking, what if I get a flat tire, what if the trailer gets a flat tire (I hauled a small trailer behind me to carry bikes, stollers, etc. and I wanted to bring some wheat back with me in case there ever is a time that we can't get to Idaho). The what if's helped me keep a prayer in my heart at all times. Coming home I had the reassuring feeling that the Lord was watching over me. I knew everything would be fine. And it was.
I stopped at Grandma and Grandpa's house coming home. I was there about 1 1/2 hours visiting. It was so nice to visit. While I was there Grandpa told Grandma that he refilled the ink cartridge in her pen and it would last her the rest of her life. Grandma said, "Thank you. That is my favorite pen." Then looking at me she said, " I don't know what I would do with out him." It was so sweet for me to see how powerful simple acts of kindness are. They both seemed in good spirits, but weak bodies. I'm really glad we stopped. Grandma took all the kids and held their little faces real close so she could get a good look. Then she gave them all a big hug. She even held Grace for quite a while, until she got fussy. Grandpa just enjoyed the company. We are heading that was again in August so we will be sure to stop in and visit.
Idaho was great!!! The weather was perfect-nice and cool in the evenings and warm during the day. It wasn't even too windy. It was good having Jill there also. We all just hung out together and did alot of nothing!
Thursday night at the BBQ Mark noticed I had brought a trailer. He asked what it was for and I told him I brought it up to take some wheat back. He went right over, hooked it up and sent Kalin and Colin over to Kaelyne's to load the wheat. He noticed my spare tire for the trailer had a hole in it (which I was going to get fixed the next day) and he took it and got it repaired for me. I jokingly told him if I got a flat tire on the trip home I was going to call him, and he said Absolutley! I know he would have traveled hours down the road to help me it it was needed. He's a great brother. All my brothers and sisters are remarkable people. I feel fortunate to be in this family. We all have a wonderful support system.
Our little chatterbox
13 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment